Students may checkout books from the library during regular school hours. While some primary classes do have story time at a regular time each week, the library is open for all students to return and checkout new books anytime. We are very proud of our circulation here at the Bryan Library! We do ask that you help your child find a special place where his/her book can be kept so that it will not be damaged or lost. If the book is damaged or lost, it is our policy to charge the replacement value of the items. If the item is found, we will reimburse your cost.
Birthday Book Club
A special way to celebrate your child’s birthday is to join the Birthday Book Club! Members of the Birthday Book Club select a new book to donate to the library. Once your child has selected a book from the many new books available, a book plaque is placed inside the book with his/her name on it. Your child’s name will be added to the list of Birthday Book Club members and he/she will get his/her picture taken with the book. Your child will also receive a paperback book to take home. At the end of the school year, all Birthday Book club members are invited to a birthday party in the library. You may donate any amount to join the Birthday Book Club. If you pay by check please make it playable to Bryan Elementary School.
Library Mission Statement
The mission of the library program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. In so doing, it encompasses a number of specific objectives:
- To provide intellectual access to information.
- To provide physical access to information.
- To provide learning experiences which encourage users to become discriminating consumers and skilled creators of information.
- To provide leadership, instruction and assistance in the use of instructional and information technologies
- To provide resources and activities which contribute lifelong learning.
- To provide a facility that functions as the information center of the school.